UI Senior Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Chubb, leading property & casualty insurance company, is currently seeking a Senior User Interface Developer to join the Digital Marketing Technology team and take on the responsibility to strategize, manage and support Chubb.com - the company's brand website. The individual must have at least 8-10 years of proven front-end development expertise for content management platforms.
The individual must be able to lead interactions with business teams, design agencies and coach developers for Chubb.com (external-facing company website) and other Chubb brands. He/she will be responsible for setting the UI architecture for large to small projects which includes design intake and analysis for component reusability. He/she must be proficient in agile software development, experience managing specific front-end development deliverables, resources as well as exposure to Angular and React.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partner with the Digital Experience Technology lead, product owners and development team for Chubb.com to deliver reusable, scalable and measurable web solutions that work flawlessly across device and browser types.
* Lead the UI strategy for Chubb.com which includes analyzing the current build and establishing an ideal state strategy (for e.g. CSS class strategy), UI architecture, front end development best practices and quality assurance standards to reduce technical debt
* Work with software developers, UX / UI visual designers, and product developers
* Slice, mark-up, and script interfaces and content on content managed, responsive websites / systems that work flawlessly on desktop, tablet, phone, and across browsers
* Work on integrating the front-end code with Adobe Experience Manager (CQ5 and AEM6) leveraging AEM specific languages (HTL, Sightly)
* Design and implement headless CMS solutions with the support of the technical leadership
* Create events and listeners on content and interaction to produce meaningful reporting (Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Suite, and other conversion tags)
* Leveraging APIs / Web Services and content of all types (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.)
* Delivering product and apps that are based on pre-existing wireframes, designs, or other client requirements
* Website Content Management front end development experience (8-10 years) with 2-3 years of AEM components experience preferred.
* Ideally 5 years of coaching, mentoring, or managing a team of UI developers and collaborating with AEM server-side developers to bring solutions to production.
* Leadership, team building, active listening, and collaboration abilities
* Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to lead interactions with the business to understand use cases and requirements.
* Presentation skills, ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms with transparency such as UI architect analysis and reusability
Technical must haves
* Implementation of Responsive Design and Graceful Degradation principles
* Front End Frameworks and Task Runners
* AEM versions 6.1 or higher experience
* ADA / Accessibility and Accessibility Markup is a must have
* HTML, JSP, CSS, HTL (and other templating languages)
* jQuery and extending / customizing plugins
* Bootstrap 3
* CSS Preprocessors (LESS / SASS) and proven experience in establishing CSS class strategies
* MVC Frameworks and core underlying principles (Angular, React, Vue)
* Sightly/HTL experience highly preferred
Technical nice to haves
* AEM template integration experience
* Knowledge of REST / SOAP Web Services
* Use and knowledge of Git and Git commands