Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for answering the switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering messages, effectively resolving minor customer disputes, and assisting with making restaurant reservations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
* Answers switchboard and connects calls in a prompt, courteous manner
* Provides efficient service in receiving and distributing calls and messages.
* Takes calls from guests requesting restaurant reservations and forwards them to the Central Services Representative.
* Assists the Central Services Representatives in taking reservations when needed.
* Resolves customer conflicts/complaints or refers matter to the appropriate department or individual, for proper resolution.
* Maintains a log of housekeeping calls and dispatches requests.
* Maintains a log of wake-up calls and delivers calls on time.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the hotel, facilities, current and upcoming special events, in order to advise customers and fellow Team Members of same, whenever possible.
* Maintains a working knowledge of proper emergency procedures and administers same over the intercom system in a calm, clear voice.
* Contacts in-house Security and Emergency Medical Technicians as needed and calls for help from in-house and outside agencies (Police, Fire Department, etc.) when deemed necessary to report emergency situations.
* Maintains a log of phone problems and reports any situations which need attention to the appropriate department and/or individual.
* Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
* Assists with promotional mailings as needed.
* Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
* Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Experience with, or knowledge of, PBX equipment is preferred.
Must possess excellent communication skills and a clear speaking voice. Must be able to operate a computer, typewriter, paging system, beepers, radios, copy and fax machines. Must be capable of remaining calm when responding quickly and appropriately to emergency situations. Must possess the ability to attend to many items and details simultaneously, with accuracy.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively through paging system to entire property, as well as in one-on-one situations with guests and other Team Members of company. Working knowledge of Spanish is an asset but not a requirement.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be used to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team member is occasionally required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.