Sr. Solutions Developer - REMOTE
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cirrus Aircraft's Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world's first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) - the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at www.cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot's license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
This is a satellite position for our Duluth, Minnesota Headquarters. This position gives you the opportunity to live and work at our Knoxville, TN location.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
The successful individual will have strong understanding of solution architecture practices, software development lifecycle, integration principles and software tools; be able to build and maintain relationships with business partners; and have critical design thinking skills used to deliver technically sound solutions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Solutions Developer will:
* Design solutions in alignment with existing architectural and solution standards.
* Maintain and update existing documentation where available, author new documentation as required.
* Deploy updates, improvements, and build new or modify existing functionality as required by project initiatives and in accordance with approved business requirements.
* Design and develop solutions using programming best practices required to support the Information Technology roadmap.
* Design and develop data integrations and functional links between enterprise application software systems (CRM, LMS, ERP, MES, and MRO) required to support the Information Technology roadmap.
* Act as escalated support resource, collaborate with co-workers and/or manage vendor support resources to allow end users to use technology solutions efficiently.
* Learn new systems and cross-train team members as required in support of a DevOps model.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Demonstrated competence in the planning, design, build and maintenance of enterprise software solutions, ETL, APIs and web services, databases, COTS, SaaS, cloud and on prem complex software systems and implementations.
* Familiarity with DevOps processes a plus
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Willingness to learn new systems and technologies.
* Successful working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Capable of managing multiple tasks and changing priorities
* Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
* Familiar with application development standards and software development lifecycle
Education and/or Experience:
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field combined with equivalent technical experience
* Must have 10+ years of development experience with enterprise or web-based application development, systems integration and ETL development experience in a multi-site enterprise environment
* Experience with data base technology such as PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB
* Experience with Cloud Computing environments such as Azure, Heroku
* Experience working with Agile methodology and teams
* Ability to effectively apply research, problem solving, analytical, and critical design thinking skills
* Ability to collaboratively gather business requirements, create design documents, provide effort estimates and provide appropriate project plans as part of delivering solutions
* Ability to self-lead and collaborate with others on the design, coding, testing, debugging and deploying new and existing software applications
* Ability to effectively influence, build relationships with key stakeholders, and deliver presentation materials across all levels of the organization
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Tech Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications. This competency includes being effective in translating business requirements into technical solutions delivered through software development cycle best practices.
* Manage Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes, contradictory information to effectively solve problems. This competency includes the ability to sort through complex code, conflicting test results and other data points required to produce defect free software solutions.
* Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. This competency includes keeping the level of information shared appropriate for the audience and includes managing discussions with business partners, sharing details with technical co-workers, and being able to share technical information with non-technical people.
* Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
* Self-Development: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Work beyond 40 hours per week may be required.
This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota or Knoxville, Tennessee.
As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted 'Best Town' by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named 'Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland' and 'Best Workplace Culture' by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Chosen as the location for our Vision Center Campus, the hub of our customer experience activities, Knoxville is often described as a hidden gem. Surrounded by the Smoky Mountains and home to the rambling Tennessee River, the town offers a plethora of outdoor activities and a vibrant downtown. Very few places feature the opportunity to experience live music, culture, outdoor adventures and acclaimed cuisine in one location. It's no wonder why Knoxville was recently named as a 'Top 10 Destination on the Rise' by Trip Advisor.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.