Software Tools Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
As a key member of our Software Tools team, you will work alongside our applications, firmware and algorithm development teams to build Cirrus Logic products. You will use your familiarity with consumer electronics and embedded systems to gain a deep understanding of each product, apply your development skills to author rich, graphical configuration, tuning and command-line tools our customers need to integrate those products into their devices! Do you have any experience with embedded systems, and proficient in OOP languages such as Java, C++ or C#? If so, we want to hear from you!
* Lead development of critical desktop tools software projects that enable graphical configuration and tuning of Cirrus Integrated Circuits.
* Work cross functionally with team members to build customer-facing tools used by customer-facing Engineers.
* Participate in Development Team activities, including daily stand-ups, requirement breakdown and estimates, and project planning.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team's development processes, with a focus on quality, scalability and performance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field
* 5 years of object-oriented software development experience on enterprise level software
* Working experience with development and testing of embedded systems
* Track record of non-trivial application development for the desktop or for mobile devices
* Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills in Java, C++, C# (or similar statically-typed system language)
* Strong skills in Python, Ruby or similar system scripting language
* Experience with high-level UI frameworks (JavaFX, Swing, XAML/.NET, Qt or similar)
* Experience with Unit Testing (JUnit)
* Interest in digital signal processing, microcontrollers
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and eagerness to work iteratively and collaboratively
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Experience with multi-threaded systems, multi-process systems, IPC, Algorithms, Data Structures
* Experience with build automation, deployment and continuous integration methodologies
* Experience with Gradle or Maven, Git
* Agile development
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.