Fiduciary Independent Review Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cititrust (Jersey) Limited provides a wide range of personal Trusts and estate management services to UHNW clients of Citibank Private Bank.Cititrust (Jersey) Limited is part of a global fiduciary business with trust companies around the world that are integrated by both management, systems and responsible for the global business strategy and delivering capabilities across all market regions.
A Fiduciary Review Unit Officer reporting to the FRU Manager is responsible for an independent annual review of all entities administered by Citi Trust centres. A FRU officer is expected to deliver to the Fiduciary Review Committee (FRC) a detailed review of a client structure and provide solutions to any issues identified. The FRU officer is expected to meet the goals of the team and contribute towards delivering a top quality service to the Trust Centre.
* Preparation of documentation and FRC report for Annual / Bi-Annual Administrative Reviews.
* Liaising with trust officers in preparation and presenting annual/bi-annual reviews to FRC.
* Identification and corrective action of data integrity issues.
* Approve non-financial changes in the system as part of a maker/checker function.
* Identification and resolution of issues through liaising with trust officers.
* Completion of Annual / Bi-Annual Administrative Reviews and presentation to FRC
* Tracking resolution of FRC follow-ups with team leaders.
* Actioning applicable FRC follow-ups.
* Managing and equalizing the allocation or reviews throughout the year.
* Provide reports and metrics to management.
* Assist in general project initiatives for the department.
Our ideal candidate should have worked as a Trust Officer. Be technically sound, demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge and experienced around the business. The candidate will work in a small but unique team and will be required to interact with the Trust Officers and senior management as well as presenting his review findings to our Fiduciary Risk Committee.
* Has a sound knowledge of fundamental trust law, company law and administrative practices.
* Has a fundamental knowledge and understanding of banking produces and how they are used in the overall management and administration of wealth.
* Has a fundamental knowledge and understanding of investment instruments and credit concept
* Has a basic understanding and working knowledge of account concepts and their applications.
* Ability to communicate in a concise and coherent manner and present issues and possible solutions to the Fiduciary Committee and to Trust Officers.
Relationship Management & Client Service
* Identify opportunities for relationship deepening through reviews.
* Identify potential risk issues with particular focus on trust risk policy.
* Report on trends and recurring issues to management.
Ideally STEP qualified or part qualified or working towards a professional qualification.
Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Trust environment.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.