UX Internship Program: Design Track
Employment Type: Full-Time
Calling all emerging UX Designers!
The UX Internship Program is a critical program within Citizens for cultivating passionate early career professionals who seek to design outstanding digital experiences for Citizens 1.5 million users. Through impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, interns can pave the way for a robust career in UX design!
Note: this internship program begins in early June 2021
Experience during the program
Crafted for rising seniors, the program provides hands-on exposure to the UX design process. During the summer, interns will help to:
* Concept new features through the use of wireframes, designs, and/or functional prototypes
* Design digital experiences to increase user engagement and follow thru
* Contribute to group critiques and discussions on solving user problems with design or technology
* Optimize graphical assets for performant delivery through multiple digital channels
* Demonstrate solutions to senior leaders
Note: the UX Design track is located in Charlotte, NC
In this 10-week program, interns will gain a strong understanding of UX at Citizens. This program also provides mentorship, exposure to senior leadership, and participation in a variety of activities to further develop professional skills, including:
* Orientation with all bank-wide interns
* Professional development workshops (such as Personal Branding and Communicating with Impact)
* Social activities (such as sporting events and ice cream socials)
* Dedicated community service activities
What you'll need to apply
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Art, Design or similarly applicable focus
* Expected graduation date of May 2022
* Minimum GPA of 3.00 required (3.50+ preferred)
* Relevant design experience via coursework, internships or personal projects preferred
Why work with us
As one of the region's largest banks, we're known for our innovative spirit and friendly environment. And the people we work with are why we come to work every day. Because here, skills are honed, experience is one of a kind, and ambition is rewarded. You can train with Wall Street veterans and FinTech innovators; perform on live projects that impact results; run with your ideas and give back to your community.
Awards we've received
* Forbes World's Best Banks (2020)
* Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2020)
* Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality - 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
* Military Friendly Employer (2020)
* Dave Thomas Foundation - Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
* Diversity, Inc. - Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
* Forbes Best Employers for New Grads (2019)
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.