Day Camp Counselor - 2021 Camp Season
Employment Type: Full-Time
The City of O'Fallon, MO is looking to hire dependable Day Camp Counselors for the Summer 2021 Camp Season. Are you looking for a position where you'll use your skills in managing and caring for children? Our Day Camp Counselors earn competitive pay with an expected starting range of $10.85 hourly.
As part of our Parks and Recreation Department, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of camp participants in all camp related activities. Generally, your schedule will be 40 hours per week Monday Friday during the Summer Camp Season beginning in May.
As a Day Camp Counselor, your duties and responsibilities will include:
* Supervising campers, ensuring their safety at all times.
* Disciplining children as needed.
* Communicating with parents.
* Maintaining accurate attendance records.
* Attending mandatory weekly staff meetings and required training.
* Administering first aid as needed.
We're looking for someone who is comfortable working with children and their parents. This person should be someone who can be relied upon to provide excellent care for children attending our various camps throughout the summer camp season.
Could this be the opportunity for you? We look for employees who:
* Exhibit self-motivation by always looking for ways to improve their knowledge and skills
* Show great respect for others and their property
* Get great satisfaction from contributing to what makes O'Fallon such a great place to live!
* Experience working with children preferred
ABOUT THE CITY OF O'FALLON
Join the team that keeps O'Fallon as 'One of America's Best Places to Live' (Money, 2019) and one of America's Safest Cities (Safewise.com 2019).
O'Fallon, Missouri, has grown from small, rural roots into a thriving City that is home to international employers and more than 1,800 local businesses. With more than 89,000 residents, O'Fallon is now the second largest City in the St. Louis Metro Area, and the City has become a driving force in the region's economy. Working for the City allows you to be part of it all with great benefits, competitive pay and a positive work environment. Apply today and join the team at one of the country's best cities!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position in O'Fallon, Missouri, please complete our application. We look forward to meeting you!