Heavy Equipment Operator - Conveyance & Distribution
Employment Type: Full-Time
Essential Job Functions
* Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
* Operates and maintains heavy motorized equipment.
* Operates and maintains roll-off vehicle and equipment.
* Operates automated refuse truck in assigned areas.
* Operates boom truck to pick up bulk items.
* Operates box truck.
* Operates a vacuum truck.
* Operates street sweeper and dump trucks.
* Operates centrifuge system to de-water sludge.
* Periodically cleans centrifuge.
* Loads sludge into dump truck.
* Transports sludge to landfill in dump truck.
* Cleans and maintains dump truck.
* Cleans and maintains polymer pump.
* Assists in the maintenance of assigned equipment.
* Cleans ditches, canals, and catch basins.
* Completes route sheets and daily reports.
* Completes work orders; maintains required paperwork
* Collects acceptable recyclables.
* Inspects equipment before use to ensure necessary repairs are made.
* Inspects job sites for possible hazards.
* Lays out and installs new drainage ditches; places new Storm Water structures.
* Responds to customer inquiries and refers customer complaints to supervisor.
* Ensures proper equipment maintenance; performs minor repairs as necessary.
* Sands and paints refuse containers.
* Sanitizes refuse containers.
* Transports heavy equipment to job sites.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; with two (2) years of heavy equipment operation and maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid state commercial driver's license.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; andverification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
* Knowledge of centrifuge system operation.
* Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of assigned vehicles and equipment.
* Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
* Skill in the operation of maintenance tools and equipment.
* Skill in oral and written communication.