Clinical Information System Analyst I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Details Manages projects, participates in feasibility study, estimating, planning, design, development, quality assurance, prototyping, implementation, modification and evaluation of automated systems at Cleveland Clinic Florida. Defines training requirements for end-users and project team members. Assists in training programs on automated systems. Recommends solutions, both automated and manual to enhance system functionality.
* Coordinates on-site systems administration and support activities to ensure the best possible outcome.
* Interacts with end-users as required to assist in problem definition and system design.
* Coordinates and performs education and end-user training programs to assure systems are utilized as designed.
* Develops end-user documentation or a permanent reference for clear, concise information.
* Provides implementation and Project management assistance for Division system projects through all phases of the system development life cycle.
* Provides functional assistance to end-users to increase workflow efficiency and resolve related problems.
* Provides on-call support rotation.
* Contributes to disaster recovery planning and testing is required to achieve the goals of systems availability.
* Develops occasional stand-alone projects.
* Assures that system problems are resolved in a timely manner. Assures data confidentiality.
* Develops system controls.
* Assists with system build, data validation and system testing.
* In depth knowledge of clinical theory and practice.
* Familiar with the processes and procedures related to regulatory agencies, i.e., JCAHO, Quality Management and preceptorship.
* Knowledge of various clinical information systems as applied and integrated with clinical practices.
* Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills.
* Project team leadership skills are important in this position.
* Epic Certification or experience working with Epic applications is preferred.
* License in a medically-related field such as nursing, pharmacy or medical technology preferred.
Complexity of Work:
* All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
* Customer Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
* Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
* Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
* Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills. Managerial
* Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
* Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
* At least three years of applicable clinical experience in a hospital/major medical center or three years of recent applicable experience with implementing and supporting a major clinical information system.
* Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing and the ability to verbally communicate with employees and patients.
* Physical demands include office work and the mobility sufficient to attend meetings in clinical departments throughout the Clinic.
* Ability to lift up to twenty pounds.
* The position must be available after hours for support by pager and computer dial-in.
* Essential Duties: Accepts responsibility for IS projects, including planning, obtaining customer input, and projecting resources requirements. Monitors and manages progress of system implementation. Develops and maintains strong, positive working relationships with appropriate customer departments. Assures that the system is operating, used properly, and is performing according to specifications.
* Physical Duties: This position requirest be available after hours for support by pager.
* Working Conditions: The environment is an air-conditioned office setting with open cubicles. You must be able to deal with varying noise levels and customer traffic. Occasional driving trips to Ft. Lauderdale or Weston may be required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.#06022021