Medical Lab Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Full-Time (RF Status - 72 Hours/Pay Period)
Weekend/ Holiday/ On Call Rotation
Other Shifts as needed
Works under the supervision of the Director, Lab, Manager, Lab, and/or section Supervisor. Generalist technologist; able to work in all areas of the lab to include Hematology, Chemistry, Blood bank, and limited microbiology. This person must have good decision-making skills; ability to work independently; attention to detail. Job duties include; performing clinical lab testing, performing review and analysis of results and quality control data, performing maintenance duties; assisting with the procurement and handling of lab specimens.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* Associate Degree in a lab science or equivalent.
* MLT or MT certifications or get MLT or MT certification within 6 months of hire.
* One year of MT or MLT experience preferred.
* Applicable Medical Technician/Technologist skills required to perform job duties.
* Excellent attendance record.
* Ability to work independently.
* Good communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills and ability to work well with people projecting a positive
image for the Hospital.
* Excellent communication, organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
* Good typing skills with PC data entry knowledge.