RN PRN 4200 Cardiology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Details Under the direction of the Director, the RN PRN is accountable for delivery of cost effective, quality patient care, utilizing case management principles, the nursing process and knowledge from various health care disciplines. The staff nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to adult, neonate and sometimes adolescent patients based on established standards of nursing care, by managing assigned personnel and by collaborating with members of other health care disciplines. As expected for all employees, the RN PRN is responsible for promoting and demonstrating the nursing caring standards and guest relations standards in the fulfillment of the role.
* ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
* Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
* PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
* Updates goals for identify problems.
* Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
* Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
* Serves as a patient advocate.
* IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
* Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
* Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
* Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
* EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
* Participates in the quality improvement processes.
* LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
* Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
* Acts as a role model/mentor.
* Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
* Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
* Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
* Pursues on-going education and/or certification in specialty.
* Maintains membership in professional organizations.
* Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
* Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
* Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
* Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS and ACLS as per assigned unit.
* Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
* Other duties as assigned
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
* Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
* BLS required.
* If assigned to designated units where required, must have ACLS.
* NRP-Must be completed within six (6) months of hire if assigned to new life center. (Neonatal Resuscitation Program - American Academy of Pediatrics.)
* STABLE-must be completed within one year of hire if assigned to new life center. (STABLE Certification - Sugar and Safe Care, Temperature, Blood Pressure, Lab Work, Emotional Support.)
Complexity of Work:
* Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
* One year acute care nursing experience in area to be assigned.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required