Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Account Director
CommerceHub seeks an E-Commerce Manager to join our E-Commerce Growth Services (EGS). As a key member of our Account Management team you will play a vital role in developing strategic growth plans and driving performance using a blend of internal and channel technology solutions and programs for our brand and retailer clients. This role will work directly with our customers to achieve their business objectives and devise traditional and creative solutions to meet their goals across marketplace and referral channels. You will possess a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities necessary for brands and retailers to successfully execute an E-Commerce business, and you will be instrumental in communicating these to customers and key internal stakeholders.
Responsible for the following:
* Own and manage customer relationships, communications, building credibility and trust with brand and retail accounts.
* Create and execute effective E-Commerce strategies and/or consult on customer-developed strategic plans and initiatives.
* Benchmark, measure, analyze, and report results of E-Commerce marketing efforts.
* Manage performance and grow revenue across marketplace channels such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Target Plus
* Provide, develop or research best practices and industry trends/opportunities for increasing sales performance.
* Track shifts in brand and retail industries against strategic plans to recommend necessary adjustments and optimizations.
* Regularly audit customers' assortment and channel mix to identify opportunities for growth or expansion.
* Evaluate effectiveness of strategies through mutually agreed KPIs to produce positive return on investment and achievement of objectives.
* Make product feature and functionality gaps or needed differentiators known to product management.
* Provide or resource training as needed.
* Able to work, communicate and resource across departments and roles within CommerceHub and/or customer organizations.
* Coordinate with customers' marketing and merchandising/promotion calendars to ensure online marketing aligns with their messaging
* Develop and optimize content at the product level and manage feeds for customers' product catalog.
* Complete project requests and ad hoc tasks in support of customers' business and requests.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
* Bachelors degree preferred
* 2-3+ years of experience in Marketplace account management, E-Commerce, and/or digital marketing
* 2+ years of experience selling or consulting on online marketplaces, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart and Target Plus
* Self-starter with a bias for proactive effort
* A passion for E-Commerce and the brand/retail industries
* Results-oriented, self-sufficient, collaborative, opportunistic and a quick study
* Strong understanding of online marketplace metrics, trends, strategies & best practices
* High client empathy, accountability, trust and relationship building skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, solid problem-solving skills, and demonstrated teamwork skills
* Knowledge of third-party search or marketplace bid-management systems and keyword tools a plus
* Familiarity with E-Commerce analytics software to evaluate retail marketing, sales transactions, and customer data.
* Familiarity with Software as a Service (SaaS) business models and basic XML understanding a plus.