Employment Type: Full-Time
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Mission of Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we create healthier communities.
Chaplain Non-Certified provides pastoral care and support to meet the spiritual needs of patients, families, and staff while on-call within the St. Joseph Health System.
* Responds to requests and pages to provide pastoral care to patients, families, and staff.
* Provides sacramental ministry as appropriate and within his/her own religious heritage to patients and their families, including baptism and communion.
* Provides on-call pastoral care when required.
* Coordinates patient care responsibilities with other members of the Spiritual Care Department.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
Education and Licensure/Certifications
* Ministry Experience in Visiting Patients at the Bedside
* Membership in a faith community
* At least 1 Units of CPE and/or completion of a Chaplain Internship
* Preferred: Theology or related field
* At least three years of pastoral, educational, or social ministry experience
* Within the 3 years, at least some of that time spent in hospital chaplaincy
* Ability to respond to traumas and/or death of a patient within 30 minutes#06022021