Employment Type: Full-Time
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph's is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital's patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph's.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
Look for us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
Employer: Dignity Health
Position Location: Phoenix, AZ
Position: Faculty Physician
* Education and Development: Teaches medical students, residents and medical staff. Provides input into the development and implementation of appropriate clinical programs. Supports the Program Director in matters relating to the education. Assists manager of department in evaluating clinical competencies of staff and participates in formal and informal staff education and training programs on regular basis. Communicates with colleagues and other members of the medical staff to promote positive relations.
* Patient Care: Assists in directing the patient care and medical education. Provides direct inpatient and outpatient medical care to patients and consultations. Follows coverage schedule to ensure effective physician staffing levels for center/division. Assists department managers with clinical supervision including input to performance and evaluation. Submits charges, dictates patient care notes and signs off on dictation in accordance with SJHMC and SJMG policies.
* Research: Participates in the preparation of meaningful research and scientific activities. Designs and conducts research projects. Prepares grant applications. Prepares scientific articles and presentations on behalf of department for various internal and external professional and charitable organizations for which honoraria or other compensation are not received.
* Quality Improvement: Assists department in collecting data for medical quality/performance improvement (QI) program for department. Provides input to QI and risk management in investigation and resolution of patient care complaints/problems as they relate to clinical issues within the department as requested. Meet and exceed departmental patient satisfaction goals.
* Communication: Prepares articles and presentations on behalf of the organization. Provides to program director/department manager to report to appropriate medical staff committees. Attends at least 75% of monthly department meetings.
* Financial Planning: Provides input to department leadership in development of action plans to achieve financial performance objectives for department/SJMG. Provides input to manager of department in developing operating and capital budgets. Assists with meeting departmental budgetary goals. Provide input to department leadership in preparation of biannual report of activities and accomplishments of department. Participates in and provides input into development of business/strategic plans for department/SJMG. Meet and exceed productivity standards set for department.
Salary: Available upon request
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week (Hours Vary)
Education Requirements: Doctor of Medicine Degree, or foreign equivalent, or closely related
Experience Requirements: 2 years experience in job offered, Internal Medicine Resident, Neurology Fellowship, or closely related
Special skills requirements:
* Experience working with patients with various neurological and vascular neurological problems in outpatient clinic, inpatient floors as well as managing critically ill patients in intensive care unit
* Experience treating patients in medical emergencies such as patients with burns, snake bites, road traffic accidents, insecticide poisoning
* Experience taking care of ICU patients including post-operative care, and patients on ventilators
* Experience reading CT, MRI and DSA
* Experience working with patients in epidemic and outbreak situations
* Must have completed a Neurology Residency
* Must have completed a Vascular Neurology Fellowship
* Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona Medical License
* Must have or be able to obtain a DEA license
Qualified applicants send cover letter and resumes to: Lisa Pilger, Sr. Human Resources Business Partner, Dignity Health at Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org, ref Job # SK01. Proof of authorization to accept permanent full-time employment in U.S. required if hired.