Specialty Medical Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in Santa Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health's Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Marian's offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies, an expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, neonatal intensive care unit, and an array of women's services.
A Specialty Medical Assistant serves as a Navigator to an assigned Provider throughout the course of the patient's journey in a high acuity environment. This is essential due to the high-risk nature of the specialty, including supporting patients that are undergoing life-saving interventions and the Providers caring for these unique patients. It is the role of the Specialty Medical Assistant to maximize the clinical experience, before and after the patient visit. Orients patients to the clinic routine and prepares patients for examination and treatment. Responsible for a variety of clinical functions within the clinical setting requiring advanced knowledge and integration of standard of care, resources and data.
* Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Training Program.
* If hired prior to November 1, 2019 MA will be grandfathered.
* 3 Year's experience in high-acuity specialty setting for example: Pulmonology, Oncology & Hematology, Infusion, Maternal & Fetal Medicine, Neonatology, Gynecologic Oncology, Neurosurgery, Breast Surgery, Peds Cardiology.
* Advanced knowledge and ability to navigate medical record systems.
* Will need to possess superior organizational and communication skills, as well as demonstrated clinical acumen that would support work in the specialty with a higher risk of adverse events.