Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Technician - Microbiology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Microbiology Laboratory Technologist - Traditional
The Microbiology Laboratory Technologist supports tissue manufacturing by performing clinical microbiology testing on tissue and platelet samples, looking for aerobic, anaerobic and fungal isolates to ensure the aseptic recovery and manufacturing of tissue products for transplant and transfusion. This lab also performs specialty testing.
Essential Job Functions
* Performs microbiology testing.
* Records information and test results for internal record keeping and external reporting.
* Monitors supply inventory and orders microbiological supplies.
* Performs proficiency and quality control testing.
* Maintains equipment and keeps maintenance records.
* Trains new hires.
* Writes, reviews, and validates SOPs and training modules.
* Execute validations, training modules, SOPs, and CAPAs.
* Troubleshoots the temperature monitoring system.
* Review paperwork and reports.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* We offer a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution and match, and generous paid time off (PTO) - up to 4 weeks in your first year!
* We are amazed and grateful for the dedication and generosity of our donors and are stewards of their precious gifts. CBC began in Dayton in 1964 as the region's first centralized blood bank. CBC collects and provides all blood products for hospitals in our 15-county region and beyond. CTS was born in 1986 and is now one of the nation's largest tissue banks. CTS recovers, processes, and distributes human tissue grafts and is the nation's largest non-profit provider of skin grafts for burn patients.
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Drug Free Workplace.