Residential Counselor - Motivating Youth Recovery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time(40 hrs/wk) Residential Counselor in Worcester.
The Motivating Youth Recovery (MYR) program is an intensive detox and stabilization program for adolescents struggling with addiction and co-occurring disorders. In this inpatient program our staff work as an integrated team to support youth as they work toward recovery. This program is staffed 24/7.
Our residential counselors have the opportunity to impact youth through maintaining a safe and supportive milieu, providing psycho-educational groups, and modeling recovery principles.
If you are looking to give back to the community and help others, this relief residential counselor position maybe the one for you. A relief residential counselor can work 0-20 hours a week depending on the program's need. In this flexible position, there are no set shifts, and staff are scheduled or called as needed to cover empty shifts. This gives you the opportunity to help others without the commitment
This position offers an opportunity to join a dynamic, engaged, and caring team that is focused on supporting clients and staff in developing their potential.
Benefits:Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualificationsHealth and Dental insurance (available upon starting)Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation timeCEU benefitsLife and Disability insurance401k with agency contributionWellness activity discountsWork related travel reimbursementWeekly clinical supervision to meet clinical licensing requirements
* Assist with intake processes.
* Provide direct supervision for and assist clients with daily living needs.
* Work with adolescents in a one to one setting.
* Assist staff in conducting effective group sessions.
* Contribute to the overall success of multi-disciplinary team including attendance at team conferences.
* Complete all required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
* Demonstrate outstanding communication skills.
* Demonstrate an ability to develop respectful interpersonal relationships with clients while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
* Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to follow nursing staff, clinician and supervisor instruction.
* Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
* HSD/HiSet/GED or Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred
* Awake overnight staff must be able to remain awake and alert during the overnight shift to provide a safe and healthy environment for our clients and coworkers
* Preference will be given to those with experience in social services and/or working with program's population.
* Desire to serve others required.
* Demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and ability to contribute to team objectives required.
* All bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Must be able to pass a CORI (Criminal Offender Background Check) and a an DCF/CPS (Department of Families Adam Walsh/Child Protective Services background check)
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.