RN - BSN Adjunct Instructor - Online
Employment Type: Full-Time
An Online Adjunct Instructor is responsible for teaching contracted course(s) in accordance with Concorde curriculum requirements and meeting Concorde Standards and Mission. An Online Adjunct Instructor is contracted to teach and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum, proactively supporting all facets of Concorde's mission, and working with key members of the academic team to support student success. An Online Adjunct Instructor is responsible for fostering and encouraging an online culture of learning through appropriate distance delivery mechanisms.
1. Prepare for teaching.
* Prepare for class starts by ensuring assigned sections are free from error, all due dates are set appropriately, digital materials are accessible, and course(s) is paired correctly with any 3rd party tools.
* Follow approved lesson/unit plans provided by the College.
* Keep informed of current standards related to instructional area.
2. Teach assigned course(s).
* Follow approved curriculum/course outline.
* Present material in an engaging and positive fashion.
* Maintain an online classroom environment conducive to learning.
* Provide three synchronous sessions each term, in week one, week four, and week nine.
* Respond to student communication within 24 hours.
* Post interactive responses to student discussion posts within the LMS at least four times each week and at least once on the weekend.
* Grade all assignments submitted by students within 72 hours.
* Provide robust feedback to help with student success along with grading based on rubrics provided.
3. Support student success.
* Evaluate student progress.
* Report high-risk students to the Dean of Online Operations.
* Reach out to students who are struggling or are high-risk.
* Supplement student material when needed.
* Refer students to their campus's Academic Dean/Program Director/Student Affairs if additional advising is necessary.
4. Keep accurate and timely records.
* Maintain student records and grades.
* Post mid-term grades within 48 hours of the start of week six.
* Master's Degree from nationally or regionally accredited institution, in discipline of course OR Master's Degree with 18 course hours of graduate level courses in related subject areas which support curriculum content.
* At least 1 year of online teaching experience.
* Successful completion of the Concorde Online Facilitator Training course.
* Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others.
* Must be able to read and follow lesson plans or guides, present educational information to participants in a clear fashion, address questions or concerns and utilize effective training/instructional methods to reinforce learning.
* Access to personal computer, broadband Internet services, and other hardware/software as determined by the Dean of Online Operations and/or the LMS Administrator.
* Experience in Canvas
* A minimum of two years online teaching experience