Carpenter - Heavy Civil
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are:
Conti Enterprises is a fourth generation, privately owned construction leader specializing in infrastructure projects. Built on a 110+ year foundation of honesty and integrity, our company has grown and evolved with each generation to where we are today: a highly respected civil contractor for clients nationwide
We are known for our platform of outstanding project execution. Our track record of delivering high impact construction projects to our clients and our extraordinary commitment to our core values, employees, and communities where we work has been the foundation of our success and longevity. We strive to be the company of choice for our employees, clients, and stakeholders and have earned dozens of awards for project excellence, safety performance and as a best place to work. To learn more about Conti Enterprises, Inc. visit www.contienterprises.com
What we are looking for:
Experienced and hard working Carpenters for our US17 Fishburne/Spring Street Drainage Improvement Project in Charleston, SC.
* Safely and efficiently perform various types of formwork
* Assist in the basic and advanced layout of all craft related work
* Build and erect forms for heavy civil projects (e.g. segments, coffer dams, false work/access platforms, barrier walls, etc.) and set and handle wood and metal forms for footings, Retaining walls, of any height.
* Assist in the erecting of temporary walkways and ramps, installing rebar for slabs and wall construction and fastening of metal and plastic form liners to forms. Install wood and metal shoring and piling, including high work associated with same and perform work related to height, such as edge forms on elevated platforms as well as provide forming and shoring for support of slabs and walls
* Participate in the loading and unloading of equipment and materials, grade and adjust elements as necessary, shoot all elevations incidental to the trade, demonstrate competency in the use of aerial work platforms, and exhibit knowledge of basic rigging components and procedures
* Quality control for the scope of work
* Maintain tools used for installation in proper working condition
* Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed; bring concerns to the attention of foreman, superintendent or safety manager
* Perform other duties as assigned
* A minimum of 3 years' experience performing highway construction carpentry or industrial form carpenter related work.
* Experience in assembly/disassembly of heavy form systems
* Experience with leveling tools such as laser levels and transits
* Knowledge in the use of concrete pumps, concrete placement/finishing
* Prior rigging knowledge is a plus
* Must have proper knowledge of using and maintaining any type of power equipment required to fulfill job description and possess the appropriate tools of the trade
* Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
* Ability to lift construction materials exceeding 50 lbs.
* Ability to walking, stand, climb, squat, bend and twist continually and for long periods of time
* Ability to properly measure and cut materials as required
* Ability to work independently and within a team
What you need to know
* Competitive Wages
* Benefit package
* Growth Opportunities
* All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire
* Conti Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer