Termite Technician Trainee
Employment Type: Full-Time
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation's leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Termite Control Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It's all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers.
What does a 'Day-in-the-Life' look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Termite Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing requested termite treatments. Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
* Verifying that job specifications are appropriate for each work order
* Preparing the job site for treatment
* Applying anti-terminate treatments to structures according to schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
* Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
* Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
* Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver's license are both requirements
* Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The following are much more important…
* You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
* You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
* You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
* You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
* You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to service
* Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
* For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Termite Techs aren't able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
* Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
* Highly competitive compensation - earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
* Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
* Opportunities for advancement and career growth - including paths into management level roles
* Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
* Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
* Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are