Program Facilitator - La Palma
Employment Type: Full-Time
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Program Facilitator who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
* More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
* Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
* Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
* PTO & paid holidays.
* Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
Perform routine duties of a Program Facilitator conducts various programs in a group setting to inmates/residents assigned to residential and non-residential programs. Interviews and assesses prospective program participants to determine individual and group needs. Implements a wide range of programs.
* Plan, conduct or facilitate workshops, and group activities specific to programs by facilitating group discussions, lecturing, demonstrating, and using audio and/or visual aids and other material to supplement program curriculum. Follow standard curriculum for the program and supervises all program activity.
* Create and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning and personal growth of inmates/residents by establishing standards of behavior and participation, and encourages inmates/residents to maintain these standards.
* Coordinate admissions, evaluations, program completion, and program termination information with other interested staff and departments. Maintain and monitors confidentiality of inmates/residents and administrative files.
* Evaluate progress of assigned inmates/residents and reviews status to verify that programs are completed.
* High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
* Sixty (60) credit hours of college coursework is required.
* Experience facilitating and delivering programs related to work assignment may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
* Experience with custody and control of inmates/residents preferred.
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including Disability/Veteran.