Assistant Grower - Foliage Finished Products
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Responsible for finishing production of Foliage products after up-pot of propagated liners according to the production plan within specification under the guidance of section Grower.
* Maintain a safe working environment through proactive reporting of hazards and elimination of conditions adverse to personnel health.
* Understand moisture management for assigned crops and be able to adjust according to environmental conditions.
* Understand Integrated Pest Management strategy for assigned crops (including biological program, chemical rotation, and chemical REI) and be able to provide guidance on how to execute these tasks accordingly.
* Understand nutrition management for assigned crops and be able to identify main deficiencies and be able to provide technical direction on how to correct them.
* Utilize report functions in ERP (SamII) to monitor existing inventory and current/future space requirements.
* Provide production protocol details to the Master Data team
* Assist section Grower in providing technical guidance to Grower Apprentice and Irrigation Specialists.
* Work closely with Operations Leads to maintain lot integrity through timely task planning and surveil task execution quality.
* Collaborate with the rest of the Growing team to reduce operational cost through task elimination, space optimization, and/or crop grow time reduction.
* Provide guidance on different modes of operations (e.g. Summer/Winter) by crop
* Successful pass grade on The 5 Levels of Moisture Management training
* Bachelor's degree in horticulture or related field
* Familiarity with proper moisture management techniques.
* Familiarity with proper nutrient management and testing procedures.
* Ability to identify common crop insect and disease problems.
* Ability to observe crop stress signs.
* Able to obtain a Private Applicator License within 180 days of employment with company sponsorship.
* Work independently and as a part of the team.
* Accurately gather and record data
* Work outdoors (year-round), in greenhouse and field environments.
* Learn and use a variety of computer software (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Possess familiarity with moisture and nutrient management procedures.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests.
* Able to communicate technical issues effectively.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
* Lifting up to 50lbs
* Indoor - 30% of the time. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year.
* Outdoor - 70%. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year.
* High Temperatures - Ability to work in temperatures of up and over 100 degrees.
* Hours may vary and weekend flexibility is a must.