Lead Data Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cox Automotive is seeking a Lead Data Analyst to join our Enterprise Technology team in Atlanta, GA.
As a Lead Data Analyst, you will be a pivotal member of our Delivery Enablement team, working to establish a data-driven approach to support strategy, financial, and operations management.
The Lead Data Analyst role will collaborate with technology teams across Enterprise Technology to define data-driven metrics to measure technology and business outcomes, measure progress on strategy and delivery and drive insights into financial performance. Analytical insights should create transparency into the health of the strategy, delivery optimization, operational efficiency, and people experience.
The successful Lead Data Analyst will have exceptional hands-on experience working with, visualizing, and interpreting data; modeling; financial and strategic analysis; summarizing & presenting to leadership, and working with peers and boundary partners in the Technology ecosystem to continually refine and improve processes and knowledge.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
* Partners and builds relationships with internal stakeholders. Develops understanding of key needs and can gain acceptance.
* Identifies and translates analytical results into meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations to influence change. Develops effective presentations and documents that clearly communicate results that align with Enterprise Technology issues and challenges.
* Communicates complex information concisely. Presents insights and findings to internal stakeholders.
* Independently initiates problem-solving and drives solutions where opportunities are found. Drives project milestones to completion. Builds partnerships and executes on the activities which operationalize key findings.
* Performs data analysis and validation.
* Translates data into meaningful insights.
* Develops reports and data visualizations to present insights in the most effective way to enable decision-making.
* Monitors and analyzes key metrics and executes recurring analyses and reporting.
* Mines and interprets data, monitors and analyzes key metrics and interprets the performance, and provides insight into the data and metrics generated.
* Handles data preparation and data analysis portions of various projects.
* Writes maintains and/or updates queries to develop analyses in response to queries from internal customers.
* Ensures accuracy of results produced as a result of data analysis.
* Supports the analytics strategic planning by researching prospective trends, business partners, emerging technologies, and applications.
* Supports Enterprise Technology Strategy in identifying and collecting data required for due diligence on long-range plans, potential new products, and services as an addition to our portfolio.
* Produces detailed analytical models to support financial, technical, scenario decisions.
* Coordinates data feeds and updates and sources additional data required for analysis.
* Determines the value of new internal and external data sources, merges disparate data sets, ingests data, cleans and munges data, derives metrics, and transforms the data into usable information.
* Assists development teams in creating and maintaining data reporting models.
* Assists in the development and implementation of data monitoring and measurement systems.
* Develops monitoring mechanisms for quality and data management purposes.
* Builds and validates new derived metrics and associated business rules.
* Ensures the quality of specific data stores for collection, tracking, and reporting of research data.
Minimum Skills & Experience:
* 8+ years of working experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education
* Experience with Microsoft Power platform (PowerBI, PowerApps, etc) is a plus
* Experience with Apptio platform is a plus
* Knowledge of machine learning libraries (algorithms)
* Working experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
* Working experience working with reporting tools
* Working experience working with large scale datasets
* Working experience presenting data to leadership for decision making
* Knowledge of data extrapolation, interpretation, and chart compilation
* Extensive teamwork, communication, presentation, and time management skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
* Implementing cross-functional analytical solutions, including defining scope, timelines, and milestones
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.