Employment Type: Full-Time
Repairs and maintains trailer and/or refrigeration equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Receives and carries out instructions.
* Services/inspects trailers and/or refrigeration units and determines defects and potential problems.
* Knowledge of air brake, electrical and suspension systems.
* Troubleshoots electrical and mechanical problems and changes brakes, seals and bearings.
* Performs minor body repair.
* Maintains regular and predictable attendance.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
EPA Certification for Federal Clean Air Act 608 mobile refrigeration as required by supervisor and/or location.
Valid Driver's License as required by supervisor and/or location.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
Must have own tools.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.