Family Nurse Practitioner - PRN / As Needed
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for meeting all clinical, administrative, and financial performance metrics. This position is responsible for implementing, delivering, and ensuring that the highest quality of patient-centered care is delivered.
* Provides patient centered, comprehensive primary care services
* Participate in the selection of suitable treatment plans for all patients
* Supervise staff to ensure the care team is providing appropriate care in accordance with their duties and obligations
* Assist other care providers and extended care teams
* Provide continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the employees, patient care staff, and ancillary care providers including after hours coverage
* Actively participate in quality improvement programs, as well as participate in multidisciplinary quality assurance programs
* Collaborate with the management team as needed to ensure improvement of patient care
* Cooperate with clinical outcome reviews and measurements
* Comply with all policies, procedures, and protocols
* Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in the health center under the direction of a physician (depending on state)
* Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
* Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
* May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
* Must be Board Certified
* Must be licensed to practice in appropriate state
* BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required
* Proficient in promoting the clinic
* Strong Communication skills
* Patient communication skills
Physical Job Requirements
* May require standing, walking and sitting for extended amounts of time.
* Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination
* Includes full range of body motion including potential of handling and lifting patients.
* Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.