Associate Territory Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
SCIEX - An operating company within Danaher's Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it's our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Are you interested in jump starting your career in sales? The Associate Territory Manager is responsible for the sale of SCIEX Services within designated accounts, driving revenue and order growth in an assigned territory by following up on existing customers, new customer acquisition, cross-selling to existing customers, and working with distribution channels for increased sales.
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned geographic territory/accounts forecast and targets through selling skills and effectively learn and manage all stages of the sales cycle.
* Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression
* Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
* Uses Procedures to sold routine or standard problems
* Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others
* Has a basic understanding of the sales process, different sales markets and has knowledge of our products and services
* Has an understanding of how to use basic sales tools in order to achieve straight forward business results
* Has a general understanding of our product portfolio and the ability to explain technical product or service information
* Has the ability to communicate our value proposition to customers, based on a given customer' needs and interests
* Has basic knowledge of sales principles and methods of showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
* Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the sales team and how the team integrated with others
* Uses standard account planning tools to guide own work and solve routine sales problems
* Ability to apply basic decision and problem solving skills to achieve straight forward results
* Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Life Sciences or equivalent experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts is required.
* At least 2 years successful experience in direct sales is preferred.
* Some experience in a Sales role; including making sales presentations, negotiating and closing sales.
* An understanding of Life Science products, instrumentation and our markets preferred.
* Travel requirements: Valid driver's license and ability to travel internationally when/if required.
* Uses communication skills to exchange information
* Uses active listening, giving full attention to what others are saying, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at in appropriate times
* Has basic understanding of how to manage dialogue, exchange straight forward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
* This position will be located in the territory and may require up to 30% travel.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The 'EEO is the Law' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 202-419-7762 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The 'EEO is the Law' poster is available here.