Consultant, Enterprise Delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics, an operating company of Danaher Corporation, is recruiting for a Consultant, Enterprise Delivery to join our dynamic Performance Partnership team.
This position is remote based.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on innovative consulting projects with customers (IDN, Hospital, Lab, etc.) that focus on implementing and delivering on cost savings and other performance guarantees as part of customer agreements.
Wondering what's within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we're building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates.
Our work helps improve millions of lives. We hope you'll see yourself here, too!
You will be responsible for optimizing customer organizational performance by enhancing the alignment and efficiency of business processes and by ensuring continuous, sustained improvement across the enterprise through the implementation of Danaher Business System like tools and methodologies (Continuous Improvement and Lean Initiatives).
The ideal candidate will have direct program management / consultancy experience in an integrated delivery network health care system environment (Laboratory); leading large-scale improvement and change management projects from development to implementation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
* Build strong relationship with clients. Highly skilled in areas of customer relationship management and a proven track record in leveraging relationships to achieve results in an environment where peer influence was a critical factor to success.
* Consult at a 'Sensei' level with customers. Help customers re-engineer new or existing operations to build continuous improvement strategy. Evaluate customer operations, develop a needs analysis and construct necessary recommendations. Define linkages between strategic objectives and process improvements, using both analytical tools and consulting techniques.
* Lead and facilitate consultative lean events at customer locations that are focused on delivering defined results regarding waste elimination. Develop and leverage LEAN champions within customer organizations.
* Develop and gain consensus regarding high level key performance indicators (KPIs). Use bowlers and other visual management tools to ensure sustainment.
* Consult with and mentor high level BCI Sales Leadership to drive the correct logic to ensure appropriate identification for high value customers in support of current risk sharing business model. Review customer agreements to fully understand contracted deliverables and milestones.
* Successfully drive improvement strategies that include results that have impacted sustained cost savings or cost avoidance at the enterprise level in a healthcare setting.
* Conflict management and negotiation. Must be able to use said skills to manage results in difficult situations.
* Highly skilled and practiced at providing polished presentations to C-Suite level executives.
* Work with Beckman Coulter Process Improvement team to diagnose work flow impediments and provide expert counsel on applicable Lean tools to eliminate waste. Develop solutions that are aligned with planning schedules and quality objectives of the client.
* Work with internal customer facing BCI peer groups to identify roadblocks and develop processes which ensure peer group alignment to committed cost savings and customer performance objectives.
* Work with BCI Principal to establish a joint cadence of process governance. Get sign off from customer partners when goals have been achieved and/or projects are complete. Identify gaps in current deliverables and support manufacture of innovative methods to close gaps and provide desired results. Facilitate course corrections as necessary to hit milestones.
* Contribute to development of Beckman's new internal DBS assessment tool and back end offering, including simulation software and the content of future performance dashboards.
* Support program messaging by collecting before and after data points to develop proof points & marketing material to promote the success of the program.
* Although this is largely an external customer facing role, assistance with internal DBS activities, including training of associates will be required upon request.
* Bachelor's degree in field with 9+ years exp. OR Master's degree in field with 7+ years exp. OR Doctoral degree in field with 4+ years exp AND track record of demonstrated success in continuous improvement or consulting.
* Proven ability to lead management and strategy of a large complex customers; strong business insights and ability to analyze client commercial capabilities, identify root cause and growth tool opportunities.
* Demonstrated ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a 'general manager's' point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking.
* Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or evidence of pathway to certification (i.e. courses in progress).
* Required travel is 75% - mostly overnight travel.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
* Lab Director or above leadership experience in health care system.
* Commercial Operations; Finance and financial modeling; Supply Chain Management and/or developing lean supply chains.
* Skilled at DBS or TPS implementation
Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
At Beckman Coulter, we're driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create-and what we can become. Here, you'll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You'll work hard and try new things, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools Danaher Business System, and the support of a global organization. As part of the Danaher family of 67,000 associates across the globe, your possibilities for growth and development are unparalleled.
We believe that creativity and innovation thrive when the most diverse set of voices are heard, and that's why we're taking concrete steps to ensure that we're fostering an inclusive and engaging workplace for our team. If you'd like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our Careers Blog or contact one of our recruiters.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The 'EEO is the Law' poster is available here.