WCHC RN MCH
Employment Type: Full-Time
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Implements and maintains best practices for the provision of care to the maternal child population, utilizing a family-centered, culturally sensitive approach to provide support and assistance.
* Assesses the physical, emotional, socio-economic needs and environmental needs of the MCH population and their families.
* Assesses the developmental needs of the patients served and refers to appropriate community services.
* Identifies problems utilizing the nursing process, interdisciplinary coordination, and physician's treatment plan.
* Develops a plan of care with the patient and/or responsible caregiver and physician to meet the needs of the patient.
* Ensures the maintenance of safe, sanitary, and developmentally appropriate environments for the MCH population.
* Provides post-partum visits to include assessment of the mother and baby, breastfeeding support, and evaluates family adjustment.
* Provides education to the patient and/or caregiver regarding prevention, treatment, and care of condition.
* Adheres to the mandatory abuse and neglect reporter guidelines.
* Responsibility for supervisor of the services rendered to the patient and family by the homemaker/home health aide, according to State and Federal guidelines and Joint Commission standards, and submission of periodic evaluation of such to the Home Health Aide Supervisor.
* May visit and complete an assessment of assigned patients receiving homemaker/home health aide services as often as necessary, based on the patient's condition, but not less than every two (2) weeks for patients receiving more than homemaker/home health aide services, and not less frequent then every four (4) weeks for patients receiving homemaker/home health aide only.
* Coordinates services with others involved in the care of the patient.
* Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Current CT RN license
Location: Danbury-100 Saw Mill Road
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Org Unit: 612
Department: Health Promotion Registered Nurse
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.