Laboratory Assistant , Dartmouth-Hitchcock Laboratory: Day and Shifts Available
Employment Type: Full-Time
Interested in becoming a Laboratory Assistant at Dartmouth- Hitchcock??
We currently have openings for full-time, benefitted Laboratory Assistants in our Lab at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. These positions fall in various areas, including:
* Lab Specimen Receiving
We have various shifts open: day or evening. Our evening shift positions receive a 10% shift differential. Weekends are shared on rotation with the team, and coverage would be expected about every 6 weeks. There is a 15% shift differential for working the weekend.
Candidates for this position need to have obtained their HS Diploma or GED, with some college coursework and previous laboratory experience preferred. We are looking for candidates who have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Our laboratory team is a high-functioning, dedicated team of professionals who work hard to highest possible standard.
Please indicate your desired shifts on your application.
Position Summary: Receives laboratory specimens from inpatient units, outpatient clinics, and from outside institutions.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities:
* Performs functions related to demographic data, test requisitioning, labels and reports. Processes specimens.
* Obtains blood specimens from patients. Obtains specimen requirement information.
* Operates pneumatic tube system (PTS) to ensure timely delivery of laboratory specimens.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
* High school graduate required.
* Coursework toward college degree preferred.
* Previous laboratory experience preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: