Medical Assistant II, FT, Ob-Gyn Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for clinical duties such as taking vital signs, giving injections, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
1. Greets, checks in patients, and notifies appropriate provider. Prepares patient, room and equipment for procedures and exams.
2. Takes and records vital signs. Informs provider of patient vital signs and concerns.
3. Recognizes and treats emergency patients as a priority, assists with patient examinations and treatments.
4. Handles patient situations over the phone, schedules appointments and procedures with medical professionals. Understands limitations in dealing with patients over the phone, and involves nursing staff and providers.
5. Register new patients and establishes a medical record.
6. Prepares patient billings.
7. Assists patients by filling out insurance and other forms.
8. Supplies authorized information upon request by third party payors.
9. Instructs patients in preparation for specific procedures.
10. Collects and processes routine laboratory specimen.
11. Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
12. Maintains and uses aseptic technique including sterilization, disinfection and disposal of contaminated material.
13. Cleans, wraps and autoclaves instruments. Cares for supplies and equipment.
14. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
Previous experience in office or outpatient ambulatory care setting strongly preferred.
Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team.
Computer skills strongly preferred.
Must be willing and able to participate in evening, weekend, and holiday coverage according to needs of the department.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
American Association Medical Assistants (AAMA) certified - CMA designation OR American Medical Technologists (AMT) registered - RMA designation OR Certified Clinical Medical Assistant plus 12 month D-H apprenticeship program - CCMA designation.
Current BLS certification required.
Currently Registered with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical Technicians