Team Lead, Services Architect - North America
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. The Services Architects are focused on executing short term projects that provide hands-on-keyboard expertise directly to customers.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented leader to join our high-growth organization and world class Solutions team.
Join a diverse team of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will lead a team of individual contributors and be immersed in a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged, but will also immediately witness your contributions to Datadog and to our customers.
* Report to the global Director of Technical Enablement Management, Technical Account Management (TEM-TAM)
* Collaborate with senior customer stakeholders and Datadog Sales and Customer Success teams to build and foster strong relationships with customer accounts
* Lead customer engagements and streamline communication on project status and deliverables with stakeholders
* Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent within your region
* Manage, develop, and mentor a fast-paced team of Services Architects with a Player / Coach approach
* Coach new hires during onboarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities
* Continue ongoing development and education of Services Architects
* Work closely with the greater Technical Solutions leadership and other groups throughout the organization (Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product) to tackle urgent matters and to implement process improvements
* Conduct regular 1:1's with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development
* Not be afraid to get your hands dirty and jump right in with your team
* Previous people management experience
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented and a desire to keep learning more
* High EQ and soft skills
* Critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric consultative approach
* Experience in successful implementation of process and procedure in a scaling company
* Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day
* Comfortable in high pressure situations
* Knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies
* Minimum of 5 years in a Presales, Post Sales, Consultancy or adjacent customer facing role with a successful track record
* Ability to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites;
* Ability to travel via auto, train or air up to 70% of the time
* Formal education and/or training in management skills or strategies
* Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization
* CS, Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
Why You Should Apply:
* Generous and competitive global and US benefits
* New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
* Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
* Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
* Best in breed onboarding
* Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
* Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers' entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.