Medical Assistant, PRN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a nurse practitioner, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse or physician.
* Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider, registered nurse or licensed practical nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
* Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
* Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
* Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of accredited school of medical assisting or combination of equivalent education and experience
* No experience required
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
* Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving patients.
* Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Occasional driving.