Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you love providing compassionate care to patients? Our hospital is in need of a Registered Nurse (RN) for our 7 SW/Neuro-trauma department. This position is full time, 72 hours per pay period, working night shifts. We're looking for a highly professional RN who is comfortable communicating with doctors as well as tending to the needs of his or her patients. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work together for the good of the patient, and we hope you'll want to join our team.
Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
* Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic picture of the patient's needs or condition.
* Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
* Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
* Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with patient, family and interprofessional care team.
* Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with patient, family and interprofessional team.
* Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
* Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current knowledge and competence.
* Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates with patient, family and interprofessional team.
* Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into practice.
* Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* No experience required
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.