Fuel Delivery Driver - Tyler, TX
Employment Type: Full-Time
Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
Analyzes transportation and distribution systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and economical delivery of the organization's products. Reviews proposals and makes recommendations for modifications in rates and transportation regulations. Evaluates freight classifications, tariff rates and operating efficiency to ensure the proper delivery of products. Plans and coordinates fleet operations, including acquisition, scheduling, maintenance service and repair, and disposal of trucks, and hires common carriers (third-party transportation companies) as appropriate.
* Receives from Truck Dispatcher delivery schedule. Organizes for delivery route and makes all required preparations for delivery. Calls dispatcher or leaves message on code a phone after each delivery.
* Perform pre-delivery trip check on tank truck following Department of Transportation safety specifications, fuels, check truck for general operating requirements, and ascertains that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition.
* Drives a tank truck & trailer or tractor/ trailer to customer's location; connects hose to tank and opens valves, reads gauges, record amounts delivered and leaves delivery ticket receipt with customer.
* Checks truck once to determine if repairs are necessary. Accurately completes all regulatory and customary paperwork.
* Establishes/maintains good customer contact skills in handling customer's questions or schedules. Calls customers before loading/leaving load rack to make sure customer can receive load. Answer inquiries as appropriately and/or refers customers to proper company source for accurate response.
* Maintains the assigned work areas, tank truck vehicle and/or its equipment in a clean and orderly manner performing housekeeping chores as required and/or directed.
* Follows, maintains and adheres to all safety rules and operating procedures for facilities, loading rack, and customer premises. Follows traffic laws and DOT regulations.
Required Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience:
1 year of related experience.
Preferred Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience:
Requires skills developed through formal training or work experience. Works within established procedures and guidelines with limited ability to modify approach. Completes assigned tasks with a moderate degree of supervision.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
BECOME PART OF THE ENERGY
It's an exciting time to join Delek. We're on a mission to attract, retain, and engage the best and brightest talent - those who are great team players and leaders who make it their first priority to serve.
* We are performance driven
* We value a passion for excellence
* We value teamwork
* We value and reward hard work and dedication
Delek US offers the opportunity to provide you with more than a job - we want to help you build a career.
Since our inception, our ability to hire the right people for the job has served us well, resulting in an impressive record of consistent growth and profitability. With more than 3,500 employees in nine states, we have brought together a diverse team of professionals passionate about investing their time and expertise in one of the most dynamic downstream energy companies in the market today.
Welcome to Delek US Holdings