Java / JVM Developer, Virtual Storage Appliance team
Employment Type: Full-Time
Java / JVM Developer - Virtual Storage Appliance Team
The Midrange Software Engineering team delivers next-generation storage products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners. Dell Technologies customers expect their storage products to not only perform at blazing speeds from a data perspective, but with speed and efficiency when managing their products. Customers want flexibility to be able to interact with their storage systems in high-scale programmatic ways, and Dell Technologies is committed to delivering a top-tier experience to meet these needs.
Join us as a Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Hopkinton / RTP / Remote to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for working with other technologists to develop sophisticated systems and software, as well as to build software solutions. Our development team is results oriented, fast, and flexible - we fit well with people who want to make a big contribution to product development and have the desire to learn and excel. The working environment is positive and dynamic. And you will be working with new and interesting technologies in a setting where innovation is appreciated and rewarded.
* Work with a global engineering team to build and support the core infrastructure used to develop the management backend and APIs for a next-generation midrange storage product
* Apply core Java fundamentals to complex systems architecture to help tune the performance of all aspects of management software
* Contribute to the design and architecture of new, or re-engineered, software/storage environments
* Develop and review design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
* Develop, review, and implement test strategies for software products and systems
* Develop, test, and integrate code for new or existing software
* Delve deep into technical issues, participate in team scrums, design, and code reviews
* Strive to understand the system through hands-on system work, reading code, and asking the right questions
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
* Proven ability to code/debug programs including triaging and resolving technical issues
* Proven ability to participate and add value in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test, and delivery.
* Proven ability to achieve proficiency of new tools, languages, and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
* Strong understanding and ability to follow software lifecycle methodologies
* Strong skills in debugging, triaging and resolving technical issues
* Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills
* Detail oriented, sense of urgency and follow through on assigned tasks
Familiarity or strength in some of below areas is a plus.
* Experience with Java 8+, RxJava, and functional reactive programming (FRP)
* Knowledge of public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) infrastructure and capabilities
* Database experience and skills (especially PostgreSQL)
* Experience with Vert.x and event driven architectures
* Experience with Git for source control
* Experience developing for Linux based operating systems
* Experience developing for cluster-based systems and services
* Experience with Agile/Scrum software development cycles
* Experience with automation, end-to-end testing frameworks
* 2 - 5 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.