Territory Sales Manager - DSAT Commercial - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Employment Type: Full-Time
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Job Role and Responsibility
The Pursuit Leader, DellEMC Synergy Acceleration Team (DESAT), is responsible for leading the analysis, development and implementation of complex opportunity pursuit plans for VMware and DellEMC Americas Enterprise and Global strategic customer engagements. This is a customer facing and field facing role with enormous impact and visibility across the strategic customer base and Dell Technologies leadership. The objective is to drive incremental VMware revenue attach - while also influencing revenue attach for DellEMC, Pivotal and all Dell Technologies Strategically Aligned Businesses. The revenue goals are aligned to the assigned overall VMware revenue goals for the Divisional Team that the Pursuit Leader is mapped to.
Pursuit plans include: analysis of customer Business Issues, thorough understanding of the relationship between VMware and Dell EMC solutions and Business Issues and the creation of Business Alignment Documents and Value Propositions for each customer initiative and/or program. The Pursuit manager collaborates and coordinates with VMware and Dell EMC Account Leadership, End-User business leaders and the VMware partner eco-system (Partners, System Integrators). The Pursuit manager must be capable of discussing both business and technical issues at the 'C', VP or Director Level with either the end-user or partner or both.
The Pursuit Manager must be able translate business issues/requirements, VMware and Dell EMC solution capabilities and value, into a pursuit plan that includes business case analysis, value propositions and statements of financial value, mutual services/project delivery plans, customer proposal documentation and a schedule to achieve desired pursuit goals.
The role requires a seasoned and effective manager and communicator who can work collaboratively, as part of a team, is well organized, self-motivated and success driven. Requires drive, determination and willingness to succeed and is capable of leading the effort to achieve the company's business goals and pursuit efforts at a high level of output, quality and success.
* Work in partnership with VMware and Dell EMC Account Sales leadership and appropriate sales team members including; DET, Technical and Sales Specialists, Financial Sales Leaders, Solution Architects, Services Consulting Sales, System Engineering, System Integrator Sales and Partner Sales to fully understand Account Strategic Goals and Account Strategic Plans
* Works with DellEMC, VMware, Pivotal leadership to assist in building Strategic Account Plans with the goal of identifying and shaping specific Account Strategic Opportunities. Develop commensurate Pursuit Plans.
* Identify, qualify, prioritize and track strategic program opportunities consistent with VMware's Account and Strategic goals. Work with both internal and external sources
* Development the business case context of how the Dell Technologies solutions - inclusive of VMware solutions - will prove ROI to aligned to customer's business and IT Transformation objectives.
* Collaborate and Coordinate opportunity specific pursuit plans with Account Leadership, and Pursuits and Capture resources in the planning, identification, and negotiation with internal and external partners
* Apply VMware and Dell EMC solution technology and Business Value to Pursuit Plans
* 15+ years of IT Solution Leadership from a Business and Solution/Technical perspective.
* Knowledge of IT Systems Integration, associated technology and business issues.
* Knowledge of IT Virtualization technology and business case.
* Familiarity with Enterprise Licensing Agreement business case, associated issues and execution of large software agreements
* Familiarity with Federal and SLED procurement environment and acquisition strategy related to the solutions, service and product marketplace
* Familiarity with the Federal procurement process and understanding of the Contracts Officer's business issues and point of view.
* Strong client communication and presentation skills
* Self-driven, motivated, results-oriented personality with an enthusiasm for growth
* Strong Listening Skills, ability to listen to the customer (director level and above), clarify for understanding in order to identify the opportunity
* Respected leadership, strong IT solution experience, and confidence in ability to plan and execute.
* Strong management, teamwork, and interpersonal skills against difficult due dates and timelines.
* Understanding of Public Sector IT market, trends, competitive pressures, and regulatory constraints.
* Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to manage and write client centric proposals that clearly articulate an understanding of the client, and the companies solutions, differentiators, and value.
* History of ethical performance.
* Thrives in an environment characterized by high performance, problem-solving, tight schedules and working across multiple entities.
* Thinks 'outside the box' and can develop strategies that are adaptive to different customer environments and limitations.
* Can command respect, and be comfortable with the technical team or the CEO.
* BA/BS (Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, Marketing Communications)
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
* Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
* Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware Education/Experience
* MS Degree Preferred
Travel: Approximately 30%
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-15
Sales: VMware's Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers' biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware's portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that's turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2110879