Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about strategic thinking, persuasive writing, and project management for competitive projects? Are you a self-starter, but also enjoy working with dynamic teams? If so, we're looking for talent like you to join our Pursuit Management team!
Work you'll do
As a pursuit manager, you'll use your skills and experience to:
* Develop strategies for new business pursuits and retention opportunities, applying targeting and sales principles to uncover target client needs, identify win themes, create compelling messages, brainstorm solutions to challenges, and identify benefits for target clients.
* Transform strategic thinking into persuasive deliverables that differentiate Deloitte, such as proposals and oral presentations.
* Manage the pursuit process, from orchestrating the development of deliverables to coordinating our teams' pursuit activities.
* Write persuasively, including executive summaries and other critical components of deliverables. Draw from a variety of sources, including information from research profiles, your own interviews with client service team members, debriefs from client meetings, and an understanding of the business and Deloitte's offerings.
* Contribute to developing Deloitte's pursuit team, including collaborating with other pursuit team members, continuously refining and improving pursuit strategies, and acting as a project-by-project liaison between our team and the broader organization.
* Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, humanities, or related disciplines, with advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in business-to-business communications and/or strategic marketing communications directed to Fortune 500 organizations; experience in a professional services environment preferred; uniquely skilled academic communicators with Ph.D.s or ABDs will also be considered.
* Excellent communicator, writer, editor, leader, and strategist, with a keen eye for detail.
* Experience leading teams in strategic discussion.
* Experience with project management for complex, multi-dimensional projects.
* Experience in public speaking and presentation training/coaching and/or delivery.
* Excellent relevant writing samples.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
* Travel up to 40% (While 40% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
* Pursuit and proposal management experience in a Big 4 or professional services environment a plus.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers identify and use their strengths. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience. From on-the-job learning to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, 'Deloitte' means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 62666