Strategic Analytics Senior Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Strategic Analytics team, part of the Deloitte US Firm's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization, combines strategic business consulting, analytical thinking and data science skillsets to solve complex business challenges for the Finance organization and the broader Firm. Our project-based team is looking for a Sr Consultant to lead projects focused on operations and strategy. Activities include developing project vision and approach, managing stakeholders, leading project delivery, and preparing clear, concise and compelling executive-level presentations. This role will have significant exposure to senior Firm leadership across Enabling Areas and Businesses and will be responsible for helping Deloitte achieve its strategic priorities.
Work you'll do
Internal business consulting
* Apply strategic thinking and hypothesis-based consulting to frame complex questions into analytical problems and provide meaningful insights
* Support Finance and Firm leadership with ad-hoc specialized analyses
* Design and facilitate workshops and working sessions with senior executives to build understanding and drive action
* Develop executive level presentations to communicate and achieve consensus for recommendations. Our projects are frequently presented at Firm governing body meetings
* Support large, complex engagements for FP&A and Finance leaders to transform the organization, with a focus on forward-looking operations and change management
* Manage the implementation of recommendations by driving cross-functional stakeholder engagement, communications and other change management elements
* Facilitate collaboration with ITS to drive systemic solutions and sustainable impact across projects
* Develop and operationalize reporting to measure the impact of changes
Storytelling through data
* Translate conceptual questions into data-driven analyses to allow leaders to make informed decisions
* Transform data into useful information tailored to leadership needs through storyboarding and data visualization
Driving collaboration across the Firm
* Foster strong relationships with other internal consulting and analytics groups to drive growth and profitability
* Work with key stakeholder groups to build cross-functional relationships across the organization
* Provide ad-hoc expertise on project framework, approach, tools and Firm data to other teams
To be successful in this role, you'll need
* Client-service mindset and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects. The scope and variety of work will change frequently depending on the current project portfolio
* Good understanding of finance and financial analysis and sound business acumen
* Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Ability to filter through ambiguity but able to also execute on the details, while working well under pressure and acting in the utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
* Superior project management, time management, and client relationship management skills
* Superior written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills with ability to 'tell the story'
* Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills; able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
* Possess self-confidence, diplomacy, poise, business judgment, maturity, discretion, and empathy
* An ability to work effectively across functions and levels; comfort collaborating with teammates in a virtual environment. The Strategic Analytics group is a virtual team with colleagues located across the US
* Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Tableau is preferred
* Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn analytical tools such as Dataiku, R, Databricks, or similar tools is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics or a technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
* 4-6 years of relevant work experience in client-facing or internal consultative roles
* Flexible work style. Some moderate travel (up to 10%) may be required given the expected leadership interactions and the hands-on nature of the work. A US-based office location is required
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 50714