Founding Administrative Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Opportunity
The mission of our schools is to ensure that our scholars receive the most rigorous education. Core to achieving this mission is smooth operations that support all stakeholders' ability to educate our scholars. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Manager will ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient management of registration, student information, attendance, family retention and school based operations while building relationships with families and managing enrollment at our schools.
Who You Are
* An education equity advocate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
* An exceptional project manager who leads the charge on anticipating the need for and designing systems in support of smooth operations.
* A clear and proactive communicator with the ability to work and collaborate with diverse stakeholders while inspiring action and creating impactful relationships in service of scholar achievement.
* A data-driven specialist who is comfortable manipulating and organizing quantitative and qualitative information in spreadsheets and student information systems.
* An experienced and organized event planner.
* A team player with a strong ability to tackle moving projects and deadlines.
* A graduate of a Bachelor's Degree program (required).
What You'll Do
* Lead the enrollment process that includes, but is not limited to, management of the enrollment waitlist, digital and traditional communication with applicants, and student file maintenance to ensure the school meets enrollment goals.
* Collaborate with operations teammates to process and welcome newly enrolled students, and process scholar withdrawals.
* Collect, track, and maintain complete and accurate student registration documentation for new and returning students in hard copy and digital formats.
* Communicate regularly with families regarding documentation submission, student biographical information, and related services.
* Meticulously maintain internal and external student information databases and spreadsheets with relevant academic, biographical, and family contact information.
* Train staff in their usage of student information systems, ensuring consistent and accurate student data records.
* Monitor student health and immunization compliance, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders such as nurses, food service teammates, social workers, and teachers.
* Monitor student attendance data and work with internal stakeholders and external community partners to coordinate truancy-prevention interventions.
* Manage and coordinate student transportation services.
* Thoughtfully manage the supportive and appropriate dissemination of sensitive student information with teammates, family members, and stakeholders.
* Support state testing preparation and execution.
Salary range is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.