Electronics Mechanic Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
You will serve as an ELECTRONICS MECHANIC LEADER in the DEPARTMENT OF NAVY to include work sites of Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Trident Refit Facility.
Applicants will only be considered for positions within their own UIC. For example: If you're within UIC 4523A, you will only be considered for positions within 4523A.
Learn more about this agency
* You will provide on-the-job technical guidance, coordination, and leadership of a work group.
* You will determine manning required to meet schedules and providing recommendations to the supervisor.
* You will instruct subordinates on any unusual work steps or requirements and explaining directives and instructions received from higher supervisory levels.
* You will lay out work for the group, taking lead in performing the more difficult steps.
* You will check work while in progress and when finished, to see whether instructions on the work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines have been met.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
2604 Electronics Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
* Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
* You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
* This may be a bargaining unit position.
* You may be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
* You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
* This may be a Drug Testing position. If so, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required.
* You may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
* Work may be performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You may be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
* This position may require exposure to high noise levels.
* This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
* This position may be subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
* A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random drug testing.
* A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: ABILITY TO LEAD OR SUPERVISE.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.