Financial Management Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Position: This position is part of the Reemployed Annuitants Cadre. Employees occupying these positions will provide emergency support to disaster stricken areas throughout the United States.
Employee must pass a stringent medical screening and be prepared to live and work in extremely austere conditions.
This position is a temp position for 1 year, however at the discretion of management the position may be converted to a term position up to a maximum NTE 4 years.
Learn more about this agency
* Provides supporting accounting data in order prepare budgetary and program documents.
* Researches, compiles, and summarizes required data for budget and program forecasts.
* Prepares a variety of reports covering the status of funds and advises program managers and other management officials on the availability of funds.
* Reviews and validates obligations, expenditures, reimbursable orders, requests for allotments,
* A-assists in formulating and justifying segments of the organization budget for a variety of appropriated fund types.
* Researches, compiles, and summarizes required data for budget and program forecasts
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 75% of the time for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
* Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
* This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a medical examination.
* This position requires 75% or less Business Travel in various locations throughout the United States.
* This position is a Temporary position NTE 1 year, however at the discretion of management may be extended to maximum of four years Term position.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes meeting all of the following: 1) performing analysis and/or reconciliation of financial data; 2) recommending solutions to financial issues; 3) providing technical and/or administrative guidance related to budgetary functions; 4) researching and/or interpreting financial policies, regulations, or laws to resolve financial issues; 5) fundamental knowledge of management and organization principles, theories, including administrative procedures common to the organization or area of responsibility; 6) knowledge of automated accounting systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: Business Administration or Finance.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.