Physician - Chief of Anesthesia
Employment Type: Full-Time
The St Cloud VA Health Care System is seeking a full-time physician - board certified/eligible in Anesthesiology. The right candidate will Lead our Superior Anesthesiology Division. This position is located in our Surgical & Specialty Care Service Line working with Veterans throughout the facility. Come, provide your leadership to an established team of professional physicians who serve with compassion and excellence daily. Our veterans deserve the very best. They deserve you.
Learn more about this agency
The Chief of Anesthesiolgy at the St Cloud VA Health Care System will ensure the quality and timeliness of the services provided, customer satisfaction, as well as compliance with the standards of accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission and the Inspector General's Combined Assessment Program. The right leader will ensure appropriate use of the available resources and will be responsible for the state-of-the-art standards of care in Surgical Service. He/she collaborates with other services as appropriate. Incumbent will maintain licensure and credentials sufficient to practice Anesthesiology inclusive of all diagnostic and medical therapeutic modalities for the treatment of diseases, conditions and injuries related to the field of Anesthesia.
The Chief of Anesthesia will provide the most effective delivery of anesthetic care to our Veterans. Major duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Participate in and/or manages all aspects of the Anesthesia Program, to include outpatient clinical and administrative.
* Provide comprehensive anesthesia services, including pre and post-operative services and follow-up care for surgical patients
* Supervise and provide guidance to staff CRNA
* Recommend to administration and medical staff the type and amount of equipment that is needed for administering anesthesia and analgesia.
* Develop anesthesia safety rules that follow regulations and standards regarding the safe administration of anesthetics.
* Coordinates Medical Center's OOORAM program training
* Be available for consultation regarding the scheduling of patients for surgery relating to time and place of surgery if a conflict in scheduling occurs
* Use electronic medical records
* Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team including Nursing, Anesthesiology, Surgical Physicians, Mid-Level Surgical Providers and medical support staff to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of patient care services.
* Participate in service level and hospital committees, PI activities, and in-service education programs regarding anesthesia care.
* Perform administrative duties related to patient care management including: entering progress notes, histories and physicals, anesthesia consultation notes, discharge summaries and consults, etc.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive authorized. Amount to be determined.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
* Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Designated and/or random drug testing required
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
* You may be required to serve a probationary period
* Subject to a background/security investigation
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
* Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
* United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
* Proficiency in spoken and written English.
* Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Managerial or Supervisory experience preferred. Board certification or board eligible in Anesthesiology.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: This position requires a pre-employment physical. Eligible applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, without hazard to themselves or others. Depending on the essential duties of a specific position, usable vision, color vision, hearing, or speech may be required. However, in most cases, a specific physical condition or impairment of a specific function may be compensated for by the satisfactory use of a prosthesis or mechanical aid.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.