Employment Type: Full-Time
DI is a leading distributor of insulation, related specialty fabricated products, HVAC, and safety supplies in North America. Our Houston-based company has over 90 locations throughout the United States and Canada that allow us to provide products and service to our customers worldwide. As part of the DI family, you will have the opportunity to enhance your career and shape your future as we grow together.
Our Professional Delivery Drivers are considered the face of Distribution International. Our drivers are highly respected within DI and by our customers because they play a big role in the success of our company. As a driver for DI, you will operate various vehicles for extended periods of time, over short distances, between company facilities, yards, and customer/vendor sites to pick up, transport, and deliver freight. This role is key to our company because you will assist our customers with any issues that may come up during delivery and be their first point of contact for any questions or concerns.
Essential Job Functions
* Ensure prompt, safe, and correct delivery of goods to the customer
* Conduct pre-trip inspections of mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment
* Display consistent attention to safety in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations
* Interaction with customer and vendor personnel on work/job sites
* Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered products
* Loading and unloading of product into and from vehicles
* Verify that quantities of materials for delivery are correct
* Manage delivery, routes, and timing with supervisor
* Report vehicle service, defects, or repair status
* Report any accidents, traffic violations, or damages to the vehicle or delivered products
* Assist in other warehousing or inventory activities as requested
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Minimum of 1 year of professional driving experience within last 3 years
* Valid Driver's license - Class A or B preferred
* Driving record with no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
* Bilingual is a plus
This position requires lifting and loading product ranging from 20-45 pounds repeatedly during work hours; and pushing/pulling using from 40 - 150 pounds of force, occasionally. It also requires reaching, squatting and bending while delivering products. Unloads pallets of product from the delivery vehicle with an electronic pallet jack or 2-wheel hand truck and puts the product in a designated area.
Distribution International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Distribution International does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Albuquerque, NM, USA