Die Plate Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
MAAG Pump Systems, Automatik Plastics Machinery, Gala Industries, Reduction Engineering Scheer and Ettlinger - five successful and well experienced companies have joined forces to become the global partner for the polymer industry. As manufacturer of gear pumps, pelletizing and filtration systems and also pulverizers we offer top-grade equipment for your demanding requirements - not only for polymer applications, but also for the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and food industry.
The Die Plate Designer provides the highest quality design and technical support for the Maag family of equipment to
include: die plates and die plate related items. Working independently but supported by others, the incumbent is the
die plate designer for our customer's pelletizing systems.
Position description - Tasks, responsibilities, competencies (List 8-10 specific tasks - start each description indicating an action e.g. leads, advises, develops etc.)
* Independently reviews specifications for the project.
* Determines what items need to be ordered.
* Provides customer CAD sketches & drawings.
* Meets tight design deadlines and work OT when required
* Leads technical discussions regarding design issues or proposed changes.
* Completes CAD models, detail drawings, bills of material, and shop information packets for shop fabrication.
* Assures all CAD model templates, DXF's and other digital information is transferred to the CNC Programmers as necessary
* Other tasks as assigned by manager.
The incumbent considers all interests of quality, accident prevention and occupational safety as well as environmental
safety in a preventive manner within his scope of responsibility and supports the avoidance of damages to people,
facilities, assets, material and environment actively
The incumbent is obliged to perform tasks requested by management that relate to his position scope or arise from
company needs. This job description reflects current status, right to make changes reserved.
* Work in this position is in an office and a factory floor environment, either locally or at a customer site. While
performing the duties of this job in a factory setting, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can
be loud and PPE may be required.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education (area of studies, Management, IT etc.)
* An Associate's Degree or higher in mechanical design
* Any certifications in the use of mechanical design and/or analysis software (SolidWorks highly preferred)
* Mechanical design experience
* Willingness to travel
* Experienced in the use of SolidWorks
Interpersonal skills and behavioral competencies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
* Independent self-starter with ability to problem solve and anticipate and avoid issues
* Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Roanoke
Job Segment: Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Chemical Engineer, Fabrication, Engineering, Manufacturing