Senior Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix and Anthony.
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Supply Chain Manager responsible for leading the forecasting of raw material needs, inventory planning, purchasing, supplier scheduling, warehousing of raw material, and inbound and outbound logistics across a multi-site, multi-ERP enterprise. This position will be responsible for continuously improving the complete supply chain strategy.
What you'll be responsible for in this role:
* Manage daily support of production needs such as expediting material, setting priorities and addressing supply issues
* Manage and monitor order rates, inventory levels, and delivery plans
* Schedule deliveries as necessary to prevent backorders or excess stock
* Track supplier on-time delivery while optimizing cost and inventory
* Set inventory targets and order points
* Review requirements for releasing orders for purchase and manufacture of goods.
* Manage supply chain projects on time and within budget
* Initiate and lead cross-functional projects to improve processes and costs.
* Implement and influence best practices in supply chain disciplines
* Develop a core understanding of the business cost drivers and their impact on operations, customers and competitors
* Mentor and assist others in expanding their skill sets and knowledge base
* Collaborate with Sourcing to support cost reduction goals for purchased parts
* Prepare performance reports, identifying issues and recommending corrective action.
* Develop and manage relationships with suppliers
* Work with Quality to manage rejections and returns with vendors
* Operate in a continuous improvement mode focusing on quality, cost and delivery
* Oversee the physical warehouses, material distribution, and coordination of annual physical inventories
* Oversee the outbound shipping operation, ensuring on-time, in-full delivery to customers
* Identify freight-savings opportunities through improved utilization, reduction in fees, etc.
* Ensure all shipping and warehouse operations have proper material handling equipment and resources to complete tasks in a safe and timely manner
* Ensure compliance with any SOX requirements pertaining to area of responsibility
* Allocate resources and workload across all locations to provide efficient and responsive support for business needs
* Perform special projects and assignments as required to meet business goals
What are the basic qualifications?
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience required
* 10 or more years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in purchasing.
What are the preferred qualifications?
* APICS or ISM Certification
To be a great fit for the role:
* Strong background in several modern ERP systems and experience with AS400
* An in-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and knowledge of MRP is required along with a demonstrated understanding of purchasing practices, supply chain management practices, bills of material, print reading and understanding, and knowledge of material control
* Migration and /or integration of multiple ERP's on a Multisite environment experience
* This position must demonstrate strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, team development, and technical skills along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management within and outside the company
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities and quickly adapt in a fast-paced high-energy environment
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It's our values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to ourselves.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It's our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
* Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
* Winning Through Customers
* Respects and Values People
* Expectations for Results
* High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
What's in it for you?
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Flexible Spending
* Paid Holidays
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Supply, Engineer, Warehouse, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing