RN - POOL 2 North
Employment Type: Full-Time
* PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide professional nursing care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, to collaborate with the physician's medical plan, and to execute the objectives and the policies of the hospital.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Assesses, plans, implements, documents, coordinates, and manages patient care according to department and hospital standards and giving consideration to
* Communicates and collaborates with patients, physicians, family members and
other health care disciplines in order to achieve excellence in patient care during hospitalization.
* Promotes patient safety through adherence to protocols, policies, procedures, evidence-based guidelines and Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
* Actively participates in and supports departmental and organizational quality initiatives and goals.
* Maintains clinical competency according to unit-specific standards.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current licensure in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of State Bureau of Occupational and Professional Affairs and successful completion of appropriate continuing education specific to job requirements
* BSN strongly preferred
B. Experience: Varies based on department and position.
C. Other Skills:
* Certified in B.L.S. for Healthcare Provider
* Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
* ACLS within one year of hire
* Ventilator (2 South)