Delivery Driver- hiring Immediately
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ashley HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has immediate openings for Delivery Drivers. The ideal candidate is responsible for delivery and setting up furniture in the customer's home.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
* Competitive Pay
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Opportunity for advancement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
* 401k Plan
* Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
* Home every night
* Commissions for every successful delivery with average earnings between $40,000 and $55,000 per year
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Loading product onto trucks for deliveries.
* Delivering and installing furniture in the customer's home in a friendly, professional manner to include mattress removal when necessary.
* Providing excellent service during deliveries, set-up, and clean-up.
* Striving to maximize quality and efficiency scores to continuously improve customer satisfaction ratings.
* Loading and unloading product utilizing proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages.
* Communicating with customers regarding issues.
* Examining and evaluating product for damages, documenting reasons for returns, and notifying supervisors of any issues.
* Completing assigned tasks, reports, and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
* Assisting with various warehouse tasks as needed, including driving a lift truck.
* Understanding and maintaining all safe work practices and rules.
* Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise.
* Must have and maintain a safe driving record, valid driver's license, and up to date DOT medical card.
* Must be able to read maps and follow oral and written instructions.
* Heavy lifting required. May be required to carry heavy merchandise up stairs.
* Must maintain personal appearance by following Ashley's dress code requirements.
* Must be 21 years of age.
* Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday.
* Experience driving a 26 foot Box Truck preferred.
* Ability to safely move up to 50 lbs. and more with the assistance of a partner.
* Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift.
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently.
* Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate.
* Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to read reports, view computer screen, etc.
* Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with others.
* Must be able to speak so that others will be able to understand.
* Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with both hands to include keyboarding, handwriting, office/POS equipment and handheld equipment operation.
* Will remain on one's feet in an upright position and move about on foot.
* Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above shoulder level.
* Will lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance; transport loads of up to 100 lbs or more.
Ashley HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.