Employment Type: Full-Time
Our site in Richmond, VA has an exciting opportunity for General Operators at the DuPont Teijin Films Spruance Site. If you are mechanically or technologically inclined, then this is the role for you! DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
The General Operator will perform all functions associated with operating and maintaining the operating unit. This includes operating manual valves, performing light maintenance activity, performing tests in labs, troubleshooting issues and ensuring that equipment is safe to operate. Additional responsibilities include monitoring and operating equipment and facilities, including field equipment, to ensure quality and conformity to standard operating procedures. The General Operator will maintain safety standards at all times and initiate and follow emergency procedures when necessary.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
* Operate machines and assist adjacent operators to maximize efficiency.
* Produce quality products to customer specification pre-order.
* Maintain accurate production and other administrative records, manage breaks, down time and inventory accuracy using computer systems.
* Understand and follow all plant and area safety rules and procedures pertaining to the safe operation of the facility.
* Setting up equipment and products for processing.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business, and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover the miracles of scienceTM.
For your awareness, DuPont has announced their intent to sell the DuPont Teijin Films (DTF) business. At sale close, successful applicants will become an employee of the purchasing company.
The following are required:
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Previous experience in an industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, maintenance position or related experience/education (included military experience)
* Basic computer skills
* Willing and able to work a rotating shift (either 8 or 12 hour shift) which includes nights, weekends, and holidays
* Willing and able to work overtime, including holidays, weekends, and on short notice call in as required
* Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhat, Nomex, protective eyewear, face shields, arc protective clothing, and SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus)
* Willing and able to perform the physical requirements for the position, including stooping, bending, lifting, pulling, reaching, and climbing stairs
* Willing and able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50lbs
Note: For consideration for the position, one must participate and be successful in an online assessment, interview process, and pass a drug screen, background check, physical screen, etc.
The following are preferred:
* Some continuing education in a science or technology discipline after high school
* Experience operating production machinery in a manufacturing environment
* Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing processes and working knowledge of 5S organizational practices
* Experience with SAP or equivalent Manufacturing Operations software
* Mechanically inclined