Advisor Information Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
Essential Job Functions
* Designs audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack. Makes recommendations for preventive measures as necessary.
* Assesses assigned system to determine system security status. Designs and recommends security policies and procedures to implement; ensures compliance to policies and procedures.
* Designs training materials for computer security education and awareness programs.
* Evaluates highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
* Defines and reviews security requirements and subsequently reviews complex systems to determine if they have been designed and established to comply with established standards.
* Leads investigations of security violations and breaches and recommends solutions; prepares reports on intrusions as necessary and provides analysis summary to management.
* Responds to more complex queries and request for computer security information and reports from both internal and external customers.
* Provides technical consultation on highly complex tasks; may assist and/or provide limited direction to lower level technical personnel.
* Provides product recommendations of security packages to customers; Reviews vendor products and makes recommendations as appropriate. Conducts cost analyses to determine feasibility of new products for clients.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* CISSP certification preferred
* Nine or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
* Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
* Experience working with computer programming
* Experience working with operating systems
* Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
* Experience working with security architecture
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
* Good organization skills to balance work and lead projects
* Basic leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
* Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
* Strong communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
* Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components
* Ability to work with relational databases
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Office environment
* May require shift work
* May require weekend work