Employment Type: Full-Time
Clean and reset tables, clean dining area and tables, wash dishes, pots, utensils, silverware, china and glassware, etc. ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) standards of cleanliness are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
* Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP Team Members and guests.
* Clear, clean and reset tables and clean chairs, booths and floors after guests leave.
* Pick up, sort and wash all china, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, utensils, etc.
* Follow dish machine and/or sink procedures per IHOP SOP.
* Unload, un-box, rotate and store food, equipment and supplies as necessary.
* Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room.
* Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as well as with the IHOP Safety Manual and SOP health, sanitation and safety guidelines.
* Dispose of all trash properly.
* Check restrooms hourly to ensure proper stocking levels of supplies and the cleanliness of the facilities.
* Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
* Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines.
* Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to understand oral instructions in English and read English or Spanish well enough to read and understand instructions from supervisors, requests from co-workers and guests, and warning and safety labels.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-step or two-step instructions occasional or no variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
Successfully complete IHOP training course work as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is required to stand, walk and sit. The Team Member frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Team Member occasionally is required to talk or hear. The Team Member regularly must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The Team Member frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The Team Member occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.